18 October 2010

Appliqued jacket

I have finally got round to putting this post up for a recent commission.  It was hard work but I absolutely loved doing it.  A blue cord jacket appliqued with a gorgeous cobalt blue silk velvet.......





























The customer was very specific and sent me images of her glass topped dining table with a silhouette of creepers and flowers across it.


I found a very sweet little baby dress in velvet from a local charity shop (a very rare find!), and this was used for the applique.  I kept it in one colour as requested.


I hand drew, cut and transferred the pattern to the velvet, and then it was all down to the machine!  Two machines later...a long story...but after a few headaches it was done, and finished with some beautiful vintage buttons that I had been keeping for something special, adorned with "Betty Page" on them!


I have to say I was quite pleased with it when finished, but this lady would make a bin liner look good don't you think?!